Friday, September 29, 2006

Gypsies Tramps and Queens (Part two)

After meeting up with Moueska, Tom and Gram we decided to head over to the main area to grab a bite to eat at the main concession area. I had been salivating over the idea of trying mead (a sort of wine made out of honey) and a turkey leg but the desire for a turkey leg dried up after waiting in line for some "healthier" fare (A portabella w/cheese sandwich for John and a BLT double Decker for gram) so I grabbed some chinese (sweet and sour Chicken) then hopped in the line for alcoholic beverages. A sip of mead and I was in heaven. A thickly sweet concoction taking very much like honey but definitely a wine.

While I was waiting in line for my mead and meal after waiting in another line for John and Gram my family watched the show of Nikolai's brother Adonni. It is an offshoot of the Maestro's group which goes for an old song and dance feel. My sister seemed to enjoy it but honestly I wasn't able to see it because of waiting in those lines.

After nibbling all of us wandered together over to a bench where the whole crew relaxed as we had been on out feet nearly the whole day. Up came the beggar-dog and the barber. Covered in blood and carrying eirie oversized scissors he asked the men in the group if they wanted their hair cut. Both Tom and John declined thenhe moved on to the next couple. Gram, Moueska and I all needed to go to the privy so we left the men at the bench while we got into the long line.

After getting in the lines all three of us wandered our way back. We were suprised to hear from John that we had left them there almost an hour (for whatever reason I think he was exagerating ;) ).

Moueska posted about the end of the day so I won't bother with it here but suffice it to say that I had a wonderful time and can't wait to go back next year!

No comments: